This page describes how we handle any personal data you may provide us with. It covers your use of katypeplin.com, thrive-phd.com, coaching services, document review and editing services, and participation in Thrive PhD courses and programs.
What type of data do we hold on you?
Some of your interaction with elements of this site may require you to enter your name and email address. For example, this happens in the following instances:
- You sign up for either the Katy Peplin Coaching or Thrive PhD mailing list
- You fill in the contact form
This is the only personal data we hold on you. If you just visit the site, some data is sent to Google Analytics, but none of that includes personally identifiable information. We are not tracking your full IP address, so this is no longer personally identifiable.
How we use your data
You will not be added to the mailing list unless you signed up for the mailing list. We do not pass on personal information to third parties.
How we protect your data
Most of your data is held by third party processors, as described below, who maintain responsibility for their data security. I do not keep any user data on my local machine.
Where your data is held
Most of the data we have on you is held by third party processors, as described below. We do not download email lists from Mailchimp, so they are only held there.
Third party processors
We use several third party data processors to handle your information. Depending on how you use the site, not all of these apply to you.
- Our webhost – I use Squarespace, which hosts the Thrive PhD and Katy Peplin Coaching websites
- Google Analytics – tracks all site visitors, but does not receive personal data
- Google Drive - stores written documents for 6 months after editing relationship ends, stores submitted information in anonymous or identified intake or survey forms
- Mighty Networks - hosts Thrive PhD, data dependent on what you enter
- Mailchimp – sends newsletters that you opt in for
- Book Like a Boss - collects names and emails for coaching, editing, and informational appointments
- Stripe – payment choice Thrive PhD, coaching, and editing services
- Paypal – payment choice for editing services
To the best of our knowledge, all these companies are themselves GDPR compliant.
If you have questions about the data we hold on you, you can contact me. Filling in the contact form sends your email directly to our email inbox.